We are happy to announce that we have a new Committee Leader. Wilson Alvis will become the new Leader of the WCA Competition Announcement Team (WCAT).
Wilson was selected by the WCA Board and approved in a vote among the current Committee Leaders and Senior Delegates, following Section 4 of our Motion 10.2019.0 about WCA Committees and Teams.
We thank Henrik for the work he has done as the leader for the WCAT, and wish Wilson Alvis best of luck in fulfilling his new duties.
The new Leader has already been already promoted. Wilson Alvis was among the two applicants who applied and the candidacy documents can be found here if you are interested in viewing them.
The WCA Results Team (WRT) is looking for new devoted and trustworthy team members!
Do you like numbers? Are you the type of person quickly spotting typos or inconsistencies in restaurant menus that others miss? Does it drive you crazy when people lack precision with data? If yes, then you might be a very good fit for the WRT!
The qualities that you should bring to become a WRT member include:
- You must be very responsive and be willing to work on WRT tasks regularly.
- You should have a good sense of detail and you must be able to handle data precisely and consciously.
- Since the WRT operates on the WCA results database, you have to be a very trustworthy and reliable member of the WCA community. Ideally, you are already a WCA staff member or you have a recommendation from one.
- You should have a basic understanding of what a (relational) database is.
- Existing experience with SQL (MySQL) and programming are beneficial, but not strictly mandatory.
The Board of Directors would like to receive applications for WCA World Championship 2021.
Please discuss with the Delegates in your country whether this is something you are willing and able to pursue. Bear in mind that organizing a competition of this size takes a significant amount of time and effort before and during the competition.
If you are interested, send your application documents privately to firstname.lastname@example.org between 00:00 UTC of January 1st, 2020 and 23:59 UTC of March 31st, 2020. Documents must be sent in PDF format in two versions: one full version with all the details for the application, and another version with sensitive details - if any - removed to make public.