Brussels Blind Open 2023
- Feb 25 - 26, 2023
- Brussels, Belgium
Université Libre de Bruxelles
- Franklin Rooseveltlaan 50, 1050 Brussel
- Organization team
- Adrien Schumacker, Arthur Wallem, and Aurelien Marion
- WCA Delegates
- Aurelien Marion, Bruno Vervoort, and Manu Vereecken
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This is a twin competition together with Brussels Big Cubes Open 2023
*You cannot register for both competitions. *
Note 1: As the events are quite specific, we do not recommend you attend this competition as your first competition. There are no 3x3, 2x2, skewb, pyraminx, ... events.
Note 2: As this competition is a twin competition with Brussels Big Cubes Open, you might be asked to help scramble and judge for this competition as well.
Carefully read the instructions in the Registration tab!
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
This competition is part of the Brussels Open 2023 Competition Series. Other competitions in this Series are:
There is a competitor limit of 25 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is €12 (Euro).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Any spectator can attend for free.
More info on the registration tab
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Daniel Wallin won with a result of 35/36 59:30 in the 3x3x3 Multi-Blind event. Olivier Vos finished second (24/25 53:40) and Maxime Madrzyk finished third (28/36 55:50).
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Olivier Vos||18.81||NR||DNF||Netherlands||DNF||DNF||18.81|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Jan Bentlage||20||22.33||NR||Germany||20||25||22|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Daniel Wallin||1:56.68||DNF||Sweden||DNF||DNF||1:56.68|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Jan Bentlage||9:50.03||DNF||Germany||9:50.03||12:18.00||DNF|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Daniel Wallin||35/36 59:30||Sweden||35/36 59:30||36/42 1:00:00||DNS|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||20:00.00 cumulative *||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Bo3||15:00.00 cumulative *||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Final||Bo3||15:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Final||Mo3||1 hour|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:00:00.00 cumulative *|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:00:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Final||Bo3||10:00.00 per cube, up to 60:00.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Building K - Blind Room.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone Europe/Brussels.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (February 25, 2023)
Schedule for Sunday (February 26, 2023)
We have reached the competitor limit of Brussels Blind Open 2023, so if you register, you will be added to the waiting list.
The entry fees for competitors is € 12, guests can attend free of charge.
How to register for the waiting list
- Fill in the form on this site.
- Pay the entry fee.
- You are now on the waiting list. Whenever a spot becomes available, we will send the first person on the waiting list an e-mail. You can claim the spot if you reply within 48 hours after we send you the e-mail.
If your registration is not accepted before the competition, we will refund your entry fee.
If you registered but are unable to attend for some reason, you can cancel your registration by sending an email to the organizers. If you do this before Friday, February 17 at 20h00, we will refund half of your entry fee.
You can change the events you are registered for on on this site, until the Friday before the competition.
If it's your first time attending a WCA competition:
- You must register or login on the WCA website.
- You must register to the competition (tab "General info" on the competition page).,
- Please have a look at this video, explaining how competitions work. There will also be a tutorial for new competitors right before the 3x3x3 event.
Si c'est votre première compétition WCA:
- Vous devez vous inscrire ou vous connecter sur le site de WCA.
- Vous devez vous inscrire à la compétition (sur la page de la compétition, onglet "Information générale").
- Merci de jeter un oeil à cette vidéo, explicant le déroulement d'une compétition. Il y aura aussi un tutoriel pour les nouveaux compétiteurs avant que le 3x3x3 ne commence.
Als dit je eerste WCA competitie is:
- Maak een account of login op de WCA website
- Schrijf je in voor de wedstrijd (tab "Algemene informatie" op de wedstrijdpagina)
- Kijk even naar deze video, die uitlegt hoe een wedstrijd verloopt. Er zal ook een uitleg zijn voor nieuwe deelnemers net voor 3x3x3.
Competitors for each event are divided into groups. Some events (like 2x2 and 3x3) will have a lot of competitors and therefore many groups, while others (like megaminx) will only have 2 groups. At the competition, we will announce when a group starts so you can bring up your puzzle to the scrambling table and place it on the scorecard that has your name.
When arriving at the competition, go to the registration desk to receive the overview of the groups you are competing in and judging, scrambling or running for, during the first rounds. This is the minimum amount you should be helping out. If you want to help out more, you are always welcome to fill an empty judge seat. We appreciate this enormously as it helps us running the competition smoothly!
Competitions in Belgium are run with the help of Speedcubing Belgium's team. Our goal is to increase the number and size of competitions. If you want to organize a competition yourself, or just help us out a bit during a competition weekend, feel free get in touch!
You can find us on the social media platforms below. All new competitions are announced on Facebook, so follow us there if you never want to miss out on them!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.