Cobb Cubes Again 2018
Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 75 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $15 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 95% of your registration fee.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Registrations may be denied due to:
- Not paying
- Incorrect date of births
- Incorrect Names
- The competition being full because the competitor limit is reached
- Failure to register online (no at-the-door registrations will be accepted)
If you are having issues using stripe payments, you can alternatively use paypal. Please contact the organizers if you are experiencing issues.
Registrations must be accepted manually, so if you do not see your name on the competitor's list within a business day, then please contact the organizers to resolve the issue.
If you would like to be assigned staff positions for this competition, please contact the organizers. Staff registrations will be accepted proportionally as the competition fills up. To guarentee a spot in the competition, please pay the registration fee and you will be refunded after the competition.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still pay and be put on a waiting list. If you are first on the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, then you will receive an email from the organizers. You must reply to the email and confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot. After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will recieve a refund for the registration cost minus tax.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Nicolás Sánchez||6.95||7.74||United States||8.06||7.88||7.29||6.95||9.91|
|6x6x6 Cube||Yi-Fan Wu (吳亦凡)||1:41.99||1:47.56||Taiwan||1:52.45||1:41.99||1:48.23|
|7x7x7 Cube||Yi-Fan Wu (吳亦凡)||2:44.37||2:52.71||Taiwan||2:44.37||3:03.79||2:49.97|
|Clock||Jacob Ambrose||5.26||5.77||United States||5.26||5.78||7.56||5.27||6.26|
|Megaminx||Jared Stinson||42.97||46.82||United States||54.02||50.83||45.17||42.97||44.47|
|Pyraminx||Kevin Min||1.66||3.52||Republic of Korea||3.24||4.83||3.20||4.11||1.66|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 32 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||First round||Mo3||10:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Clock||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 4:00.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3) as much as we can. So if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is ending, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
- It would be wonderful if we could get some volunteer help from either the competitors or the parents. Judging is a super simple task and any staff member can teach anyone at any time. Judge for however long you'd feel like. It's an excellent way to make the time fly by!
- Your delegates for this competition is Jacob Ambrose and Chris Hardwick. Ask him if you have any questions throughout the day!
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction at 8:30am. If you won't be there on Saturday then please ask a staff member whenever you arrive to give you a rundown of how the competing process will work.
- Additionally you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- We will be having participation awards for all new competitors. Please ask about it to pick it up at the end of the day or before you leave the venue.
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors onto the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed results will be entered into CubeComps (linked above). Your name will be highlighted if you made it to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call during the last group. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
South Cobb Community Center
620 Lions Club Dr,
Mableton, GA 30126
There is ample free parking available at the venue.
Restaurants nearby include Krystal, Captain D’s, Waffle House, Dairy Queen, Burger King, and Zaxby’s.
There is an America’s Best Value Inn about 1.3 miles away on Mableton Parkway. Otherwise, the closest hotels are at exits 44, 46, and 49 of I-20.
The nearest major airport is Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL), which is about 20 miles away.
All Information on this tab regarding Cutoffs, Time Limits, Proceeding Competitors, and Number of Rounds are approximations and will be updated 1 week before the competition.
|Event||Round||Format||Cutoff Time||Time Limit||Competitors|
|3x3x3 Cube||Round 1||Ao5||10:00|
|Round 2||Ao5||10:00||Top 32|
|Megaminx||Combined Final||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00||10:00|
Format- Ao5 = Average of 5 (where the best and worst solves are not counted in the average), Mo3 = Mean of 3, Bo2 = Best of 2
Cutoff- Rounds with a cutoff will have an additional best of 2 (best of 1 for 6x6 and 7x7) format where competitors will have 2 attempts to achieve a time under the cutoff. If the competitor does then they will be awarded more attempts to compelete the average.
Time Limit - Any attempt in the round exceeding this time will be awarded a DNF. For "WCA" Time limits, it is dependent on the regulations for that event.
The Number of Competitors moving on to the subsequent rounds may change based on if the competition is ahead or behind schedule.
|8:00 - 8:30||Set-Up|
|8:30 - 8:40||New Competitor Introduction|
|8:40 - 9:55||3x3x3 Cube Round 1|
|9:55 - 10:55||Pyraminx Round 1|
|10:55 - 11:45||Clock Final|
|11:45 - 12:15||3x3x3 Cube Round 2|
|12:15 - 12:45||Lunch|
|12:45 - 1:50||6x6x6 Cube Final|
|1:50 - 2:50||Megaminx Combined Final|
|2:50 - 4:00||7x7x7 Cube Final|
|4:00 - 4:15||Pyraminx Final|
|4:15 - 4:30||3x3x3 Cube Final|
|4:30 - 5:00||Awards/Clean-Up|
We will revise the Schedule 1 week prior to the competition to reflect the number of people competing.
All times are tentative and subject to change if we are ahead or behind schedule.
We may add rounds of events if we run far ahead of schedule.
Prizes for this competition will be provided by thecubicle.us!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.