Lone Star Cubing 2019
- May 18, 2019
- Katy, Texas, United States
Church of The Holy Apostles
- 1225 West Grand Parkway South, Katy, TX 77494
The competition will be held in the Great Room.
- Jacob Stover, Riley Norrid, and Zachary White
- WCA Delegate
- Zachary White
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 80 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $10 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 100% of your registration fee.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Registrations must be accepted manually, so if you do not see your name on the competitors list within a business day, then please contact the organizers to resolve the issue.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still pay and be put on a waiting list. If you are first on the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, then you will receive an email from the organizers. You must reply to the email and confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot. After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will recieve a refund for the registration cost minus tax.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Dylan Miller||5.54||7.94||United States||5.54||7.32||9.54||7.07||9.44|
|4x4x4 Cube||Dylan Miller||29.54||32.84||United States||29.66||36.62||32.23||29.54||37.25|
|5x5x5 Cube||Zachary White||57.16||1:04.05||United States||1:09.89||57.16||59.63||1:02.87||1:09.66|
|7x7x7 Cube||Zachary White||2:26.61||2:33.79||United States||2:26.61||2:37.08||2:37.69|
|Skewb||Riley Norrid||2.49||3.50||United States||2.49||3.75||4.35||3.83||2.92|
|Square-1||Jason Lee||8.82||10.30||United States||9.17||8.82||12.88||8.85||12.89|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 32 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 6:00.00|
|Skewb||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Square-1||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Church of The Holy Apostles.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Adak.
Schedule for Saturday (May 18, 2019)
(Links will be updated closer to the competition)
- Please try to arrive early to watch the judging tutorial at 8:00AM.
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3) as much as we can. So if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is ending, your spot may be given up to the next competitor in the rankings.
- It would be wonderful if we could get some volunteer help from either the competitors or the parents. Judging is a super simple task and any staff member can teach anyone at any time. Judge for however long you'd feel like. It's an excellent way to make the time fly by!
- Your delegate for this competition is Zachary White. Ask him if you have any questions throughout the day!
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction/judging tutorial at 8:00AM.
- Additionally you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial Video
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors onto the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed results will be entered into CubeComps (linked above). Your name will be highlighted if you made it to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call during the last group. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area whenever your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
Room Details: The competition is located in the Green Room.
Parking: There is free parking in front of the venue.
Food: There are many nearby restaurants.
Hotels: Hotels near venue
TheCubicle will be sponsoring this competition!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.