CubingUSA Texas Championship 2022
- Nov 19 - 20, 2022
- Frisco, Texas, United States
- 7600 John Q Hammons Dr, Frisco, TX 75034
Frisco Ballroom 1-2
- CJ York, Casey Ngo, Chris Deng, Fletcher Berry, Jeremy Sheng, Jose Ortiz Jr., Mahith Bandi, Ryan Pilat, and Vincent Chen
- WCA Delegates
- Chris Deng and Vincent Chen
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is supported by CubingUSA.
NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK IS PERMITTED IN THE VENUE.
- Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
- Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
Please note that the schedule is subject to change, as we may hold events slightly earlier or later than shown depending on whether the competition is running ahead of schedule or behind schedule.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 150 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $40 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 95% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Any spectator can attend for free.
Registrations must be accepted manually, so if you do not see your name on the competitor's list within a business day, then please contact the organizers to resolve the issue.
Registrations may be deferred due to:
- Incorrect date of birth
- Incorrect name
- Representing a foreign country and not providing documentation
In all of the above cases, the organizers will email you before accepting the registration to confirm the information provided.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still pay and be put on a waiting list. If you are first on the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, then you will receive an email from the organizers. You must reply to the email and confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot. After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will receive a refund for the registration cost minus tax. Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor's list until Friday, October 28, 2022 7:00 PM CDT.
We will not be accepting event changes during the competition. If you wish to change which events you are registered for, please contact the organization team prior to Friday, October 28, 2022 7:00 PM CDT.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Dylan Miller||5.81||6.85||United States||6.08||7.98||6.74||5.81||7.74|
|2x2x2 Cube||Ryan Pilat||1.15||2.07||United States||2.00||1.88||2.33||1.15||2.88|
|4x4x4 Cube||Paul Mahvi||21.98||26.28||United States||27.26||24.69||26.89||21.98||27.98|
|5x5x5 Cube||Paul Mahvi||51.90||55.94||United States||58.51||54.86||1:00.36||51.90||54.46|
|6x6x6 Cube||Paul Mahvi||1:33.55||1:37.45||United States||1:33.55||1:35.50||1:43.30|
|7x7x7 Cube||Paul Mahvi||2:30.38||2:35.69||United States||2:38.16||2:30.38||2:38.53|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Tyler Gee||10.38||12.87||United States||12.11||10.38||14.36||13.53||12.98|
|Clock||Caleb Trelford||3.51||4.07||United States||DNF||3.51||4.26||4.33||3.62|
|Megaminx||Dylan Miller||30.76||40.85||United States||36.13||46.02||43.55||30.76||42.88|
|Pyraminx||Andres Rodriguez||1.81||2.61||United States||5.54||1.81||2.00||3.23||2.60|
|Skewb||Titus Sutterfield||2.96||3.63||United States||4.68||2.96||3.28||4.39||3.22|
|Square-1||Dylan Baumbach||6.16||7.13||United States||7.22||13.28||7.84||6.16||6.32|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 75 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 48 advance to next round|
|Semi Final||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 15.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:30.00||2 attempts to get < 1:05.00||Top 48 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||2:30.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:45.00||Top 36 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||4:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||6:00.00||1 attempt to get < 3:30.00||Top 20 advance to next round|
|Second round||Mo3||6:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|7x7x7 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||7:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:45.00||Top 20 advance to next round|
|Second round||Mo3||7:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 40.00||Top 48 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Clock||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 20.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Megaminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:45.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Pyraminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 15.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 15.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 35.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Embassy Suites Frisco Hotel & Convention Center.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Chicago.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (November 19, 2022)
Schedule for Sunday (November 20, 2022)
|3x3 Blindfolded||19.14||Josh Weimer|
|3x3 Fewest Moves||25.67 Moves||Ryan Pilat|
|3x3 One-Handed||12.87||Tyler Gee|
|4x4 Blindfolded||2:04.69||Josh Weimer|
|5x5 Blindfolded||16:55.00||Jeremy Sheng|
|3x3 Multi-Blind||30/41 57:50||Joel Brown Brisola|
Important Links (to come soon)
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3 as much as we can. So if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is starting, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
- To keep the competition running on time and to ensure we can keep all events we will be requiring competitors to also judge. Pay attention to the group assignment sheet - This is essential to keep the events on schedule. We also invite any parents or guests to also help to judge - thank you for your support. Please arrive to attend the New Competitor & Judges tutorial.
- Your delegates for this competition are Vincent Chen and Chris Deng. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction.
- Additionally you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors into subsequent rounds. After a round is completed it will be entered into WCA Live. Your name will be highlited if you are advancing to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call during the last group. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
Room Details: The competition will be held in the Frisco Ballrooms 1-2.
Parking: There is paid parking near the venue.
Lunch: NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK IS PERMITTED IN THE VENUE. There are several restaurants near the venue. Here are the closest restaurants.
Hotels: This competition will be held at the Embassy Suites Frisco. There are also several other hotels near the venue. Here are the closest hotels.
Travel: The DFW International Airport is 20 minutes away from the venue.
To staff at this competition, you must complete this application.
Staff will be given a schedule to follow throughout the competition. Staff will be limited to ~15 applicants.
To be eligible for the title of Texas Champion, competitors must register on CubingUSA by logging in to the website, edit your account and set your home state. In certain cases, you may be asked to verify your residency at the competition. The deadline to select residency for this competition is Friday, November 18th, 2022, 7:00 PM CDT.
This competition is sponsored by TheCubicle! They will be providing gift cards to the podium.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.