CubingUSA Texas Quiet Championship 2022
- Oct 22, 2022
- Denton, Texas, United States
University of North Texas Union Building
- 1155 Union Cir, Denton, TX 76023
- Jeremy Sheng and Ryan Pilat
- WCA Delegates
- Chris Deng and Vincent Chen
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This is not a regular speedsolving competition and it does not feature speedsolving events. The competition will instead feature blindfolded and fewest moves events. We do not recommend this competition for newer competitors, but all are welcome.
Due to limited venue capacity, you may only bring ONE guest maximum. If you are over 18, we strongly encourage you bring none. Your registration WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IF YOU LIST 2 OR MORE GUESTS.
By signing up, you agree to contribute throughout the entirety of the competition due to the small size.
This competition is supported by CubingUSA.
- Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
- Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
Please note that the schedule is subject to change, as we may hold events slightly earlier or later than shown depending on whether the competition is running ahead of schedule or behind schedule.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 25 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $25 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Spectators are only permitted as companions of competitors.
Registrations must be accepted manually, so if you do not see your name on the competitor's list within a business day, then please contact the organizers to resolve the issue.
Registrations may be deferred due to:
- Listing more than one guest
- Incorrect date of birth
- Incorrect name
- Representing a foreign country and not providing documentation
In all of the above cases, the organizers will email you before accepting the registration to confirm the information provided.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still pay and be put on a waiting list. If you are first on the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, then you will receive an email from the organizers. You must reply to the email and confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot. After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will receive a refund for the registration cost minus tax. Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor's list until Monday, October 17, 2022 at 7:00 PM CDT.
We will not be accepting event changes during the competition. If you wish to change which events you are registered for, please contact the organization team prior to Monday, October 17, 2022 at 7:00 PM CDT.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Josh Weimer won with a single solve of 19.14 seconds in the 3x3x3 Blindfolded event. Fletcher Berry finished second (23.10) and Jeremy Sheng finished third (23.27).
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Josh Weimer||19.14||21.19||United States||20.86||19.14||23.57|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Ryan Pilat||25||25.67||United States||27||25||25|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Josh Weimer||2:04.69||DNF||United States||DNF||2:04.69||DNF|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Jeremy Sheng||16:55.00||DNF||United States||16:55.00||DNF||DNF|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Joel Brown Brisola||30/41 57:50||Brazil||30/41 57:50||23/38 58:59|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||15:00.00 cumulative *||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Final||Bo3||15:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Final||Mo3||1 hour|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:15:00.00 total for 5x5x5 Blindfolded Final and 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final **|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:15:00.00 total for 5x5x5 Blindfolded Final and 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final **|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Final||Bo2||10:00.00 per cube, up to 60:00.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue University of North Texas Union Building.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Chicago.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (October 22, 2022)
Group Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11F2hwNKZI36ctRkYBfBpEyct_XY37HeFLBSgGIV32-4/edit?usp=sharing
Live Results: https://live.worldcubeassociation.org/competitions/1489
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- For Multi-BLD, we are requiring that all competitors submit their cubes at a designated time found in the schedule.
- We will use regulation 9p3 as much as we can. So if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is starting, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
- To keep the competition running on time and to ensure we can keep all events we will be requiring competitors to also judge. Pay attention to the group assignment sheet - This is essential to keep the events on schedule. We also invite any parents or guests to also help to judge - thank you for your support.
- Your delegates for this competition are Vincent Chen and Chris Deng. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- Keep in mind that this competition does not feature normal speedsolving events. The competition will instead feature blindfolded and fewest moves events. We do not recommend this competition for newer competitors, but all are welcome.
- Please try to arrive early to watch the Competitor/Judging tutorial at (insert timehere)
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, but most importantly Article B (Blind solving), Article E (Fewest moves solving), and Article H (Multi-BLD solving). If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- For 3x3 Blindfolded we will have 3 rounds. We will take the top competitors into subsequent rounds. After a round is completed it will be entered into WCA Live. Your name will be highlited if you are advancing to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call during the last group. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait at your solving station when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
Room Details: The competition will be held in Meeting Room 339, which is on the 3rd floor.
Parking: There is paid parking near the venue. You can park in the Union Circle Garage using the Park Mobile app, or at the Highland Street Garage and get a parking ticket at the gate.
Lunch: There are several restaurants near the venue. Here are the closest restaurants.
Hotels: There are several hotels near the venue. Here are the closest hotels.
Travel: The DFW International Airport ~30 minutes away from the venue.
To be eligible for the title of Texas Champion, competitors must register on CubingUSA by logging in to the website, edit your account and set your home state. In certain cases, you may be asked to verify your residency at the competition. The deadline to select residency for this competition is Friday, October 21st, 2022, 7:00 PM CDT.
Because this competition will be using fixed seating, we will be implementing competitor limits for certain events due to the lack of flexibility in scheduling. Events with competitor limits are listed below:
4x4 Blindfolded: 12 competitors
5x5 Blindfolded: 12 competitors
3x3 Multiple-Blindfolded: 14 competitors
If you sign up for an event and it is already full, we will remove it from your registration and note the order in which you were on the waiting list for that event. If any other competitor drops out of that event for any reason, we will add the event back to registrations in the order of that event's waiting list. If you would like to update your events for this competition, please email the organization team using the contact form linked on the General Info tab.
You can find the waitlist for the competition and each event here.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced across rounds (see Guideline A1a2++).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.