Windsor Classic 2018
- Jun 16, 2018
- Americus, Georgia, United States
- 800 Georgia Southwestern State University Drive, Americus, GA 31709
Fine Arts Theater
- Joshua Cherian and Nikita Cherian
- WCA Delegate
- Katie Hull
Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 100 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $15 (United States Dollar).
Please follow all instructions or else your registration may be delayed.
1.) Click on the "Register" tab on the left side of the screen and register for the competition. In the comment section, please include the name, as it appears on PayPal, of the person who is paying for your registration.
2.) Click on the "Registration Payment" tab and click on "Click Here to Pay" to pay via Paypal. In order to complete your registration, you MUST pre-pay.
3.) In 48 hours, if you do NOT see your name on the competitors list (the tab on the left side of the screen that says "Competitors"), then please send an email to the contact on the "General Info" tab. Failure to do any of these steps may result in a delay in registration.
Please note that there will be NO at-the-door registration!
To receive a refund for your registration, please email the organizers indicating that you are cancelling your registration - including your Paypal Receipt before registration closes on 6/11.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Tommy Cherry won with an average of 8.81 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Kieran Dizon finished second (8.92) and Katie Hull finished third (10.22).
Asian records: Kevin Min 3x3x3 With Feet 22.42 (single).
|3x3x3 Cube||Tommy Cherry||8.44||8.81||United States||9.00||8.83||11.98||8.44||8.61|
|2x2x2 Cube||Katie Hull||2.64||2.77||United States||2.69||2.79||2.82||2.64||2.94|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Tommy Cherry||23.15||26.43||United States||23.15||27.01||29.14|
|Megaminx||Heewon Seo||46.76||53.83||United States||46.76||48.00||1:00.83||52.66||1:01.44|
|Pyraminx||Kevin Min||2.36||3.15||Republic of Korea||2.36||3.08||3.26||3.11||4.16|
|Skewb||Tommy Cherry||3.09||3.97||United States||3.09||3.59||4.93||6.46||3.39|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Tommy Cherry||25.84||31.49||United States||35.61||25.84||29.51||42.34||29.34|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||20:00.00 cumulative *|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||3:30.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Final||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00|
|Skewb||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||50.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Final||Bo2 / Ao5||50.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00|
|3x3x3 With Feet||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||6:00.00||2 attempts to get < 4:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Second round||Bo2 / Ao5||6:00.00||2 attempts to get < 4:00.00||Top 9 advance to next round|
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction at 9:30. If you are competiing in Feet, please arrive by 8:30.
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event, we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors on to the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed, results will be entered into CubeComps (linked above). Your name will be highlighted if you made it to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call during the last group. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
- Shortly following the new competitor introduction at 9:30, we will also hold a judging tutorial. All competitors should attend this tutorial. If you are a parent and would like to be entertained for the duration of the day, judging would be a great option for you!
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3) for all final rounds. If you are not present when a final starts, you will be withdrawn from that final.
- It would be wonderful if we could get some volunteer help from the parents. This would require either being present at the judging tutorial or to have someone teach you how to judge later in the day. Judge for however long you'd feel like. It's an excellent way to make the time fly by!
- Your delegate for this competition is Katie Hull. Your organizers are Joshua Cherian and Nikita Cherian. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
Registration is now closed.
Venue Georgia Southwestern University Fine Arts Theater
Street Address 800 Georgia Southwestern State University Drive, Americus, GA 31709
Room Details: GSW Fine Arts Theater - From the parking lot, walk directly to the Fine Arts Building (to the right of the Carter Library). Enter through the door under the “Theater” sign. Room is immediately to the right.
Parking: Free outside of the venue
Lunch: Chick-Fil-A is available on campus. Other options are available in town.
Hotels: The Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel and the Quality Inn will be offering a discount for competitors. Windsor: $101(+tax) for regular rooms with two beds. Call and mention the Windsor Cubing Classic group block to receive the discount!
Airport: KACJ - Jimmy Carter Regional Airport (x miles away from the venue)
All Information on this tab regarding Cutoffs, Time Limits, Proceeding Competitors, and Number of Rounds are approximations and will be updated 1 week before the competition.
|Event||Format||Round||Cutoff Time||Time Limit||Competitors|
|3x3x3 Cube||Ao5||Round 1||-||10:00|
|Ao5||Round 2||-||10:00||Top 75%|
|2x2x2 Cube||Ao5||Round 1||-||10:00|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Bo2 /Ao5||Combined Round 1||4:00||6:00|
|Megaminx||Bo2 /Ao5||Combined Round 1||2:30||3:30|
|Bo2/Ao5||Tenative Final||-||3:30||Top 12|
|Pyraminx||Bo2/Ao5||Combined Round 1||:30||1:00|
|Skewb||Bo2/Ao5||Combined Round 1||:30||:50|
Format- Ao5 = Average of 5, Mo3 = Mean of 3, Bo3 = Best of 3, Bo2 = Best of 2, Bo1 = Best of 1
Cutoff- Rounds with a cutoff will have an additional best of 2 format where competitors will have 2 attempts to achieve a time under the cutoff time. If the comeptitor does, they will recieve the rest of the attempts in the average/mean. If they do not achieve a time below the cutoff time, then their average/mean will end.
Cumulative Limit (C)- The total time allowed for all attempts combined.
Time Limit - Any attempt in the round exceeding this time will be awarded a DNF. For "WCA" Time limits, it is dependent on the regulations for that event.
The Number of Competitors moving on to the subsequent rounds may change based on if the competition is ahead or behind schedule.
|8:00 - 8:30||Set-Up/Check-In|
|8:30 - 9:30||Feet Round 1|
|9:30 - 9:45||New Competitor Introduction|
|9:45 - 11:00||3x3 Round 1|
|11:00 - 11:45||Skewb Round 1|
|11:45 - 12:30||Lunch/3BLD Final|
|12:30 - 1:15||Pyraminx Round 1|
|1:15 - 2:00||2x2 Round 1|
|2:00 - 3:00||Megaminx Round 1|
|3:00 - 3:30||Skewb Final|
|3:30 - 4:15||3x3 Round 2|
|4:15 - 4:45||Feet Final|
|4:45 - 5:15||Pyraminx Final|
|5:15 - 5:30||2x2 Final|
|5:30 - 6:00||3x3 Final|
|6:00 - 6:30||Awards/Clean-Up|
- We will revise the schedule one week prior to the competition to reflect the number of people competing.
- All scheduled times are tentative and subject to change if we are ahead or behind schedule.
- We may add rounds of events if we run ahead of schedule.
Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel will be sponoring this competition!
Prizes for this competition will be provided by theCubicle.us! They will provide gift card codes for the winners!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.