Amendments to the Motions Approved (January 2020)
After recent voting by WCA staff members, the proposed amendments to the Motions have been approved by a good majority. The Motions are effective as of January 31, 2020, and a summary of the included changes has been compiled below:
- Motion 02.2020.1 - Definitions - Fixed the order of the definitions to be alphabetical, add Trainee Delegate, rename Candidate Delegate to Junior Delegate.
- Motion 06.2020.1 - Regional Organizations - Added a requirement for Regional Organizations to be legally registered entities (The Board agreed to allow a grace period until December 31, 2020 and begin enforcement of this beginning January 1, 2021).
- Motion 08.2020.1 - Delegates - Renamed Candidate Delegate to Junior Delegate. Clarified that competitions are now announced by the WCAT and that Junior Delegates are already Staff. Delegates have the responsibility to support Trainee Delegates.
- Motion 09.2020.1 - Senior Delegates - Clarified that Senior Delegates appoint and support Trainee Delegates.
- Motion 09.2020.2 - Regional Delegates - Clarified that Regional Delegates support Trainee Delegates.
- Motion 10.2020.0 - Committees and Teams - Clarified that the WEAT will be led by the WCA Board.
- Motion 10.2020.2 - WCA Competition Announcement Team - Expanded to allow WCAT Leader permission to cancel WCA Competitions.
- Motion 10.2020.3 - Quality Assurance Committee - Clarified the role of the WQAC in advising on the promotion, demotion, and probation of Delegates.
- Motion 15.2020.1 - Suspensions and other Sanctions - Expanded to provide WEC with rights to take some actions as a result of investigations.
In addition to the above amendments, the following motions have been created: